[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум » Общение » Are you for or against GM food? (11V) » GM Food. What is your attitude?
GM Food. What is your attitude?
RadiantДата: Среда, 17.04.2019, 00:02 | Сообщение # 1
Рядовой
Статус: Offline
Give your arguments for and against genetically modified food.

crowebenedettiДата: Суббота, 20.04.2019, 11:11 | Сообщение # 2
Рядовой
GMOs are one of the most burning topics, around which heated debate continues.  Let's talk about the interesting aspects of GMO production, about the benefits of genetically modified products and why, after all, someone is violently in favor, and someone is totally against it.

Most often, at the level of ordinary consumers, such disputes boil down to scary pictures like a leopard with a hare's head.  And warnings that GMO foods in large quantities are harmful.

This is a very difficult question, but I would like to warn you.

Cakes, sweets, fatty meats, sausages, sugar in large quantities are harmful even without GMOs!  This is definitely the case, and if the harm to GMOs has not yet been officially proven, then the effect of a bad diet can be seen on yourself in a very short time.

I put forward arguments for and against GMOs.  In fact, there are more of them, but I chose five major ones.

Arguments for GMOs:

1. In order to feed the horde of starving and just hungry earthlings with the help of traditional farming products, another 70% of forests will have to be cut down.  High yields of GMOs, compared to traditional plant breeding, can significantly reduce the prices of products.

2. For the cultivation of GMO plants, much less pesticides, insecticides and herbicides are required (sometimes they are not required at all) than for the cultivation of traditional plants.  At the time, as the harm of GMOs in spite of everything, until proven, the consequences of the use of aggressive chemistry, we see today.

3. For plants obtained transgenically, it is possible to replace traditional herbicides with less toxic ones that they will not perceive and accumulate.  Our habitual chemicals, intensively used by us for decades, accumulate in the environment, poisoning not only the crop, but also water and air.

4. GMOs are created with a set of qualities we need and are able to solve many problems: lack of vitamins, proteins, high allergenicity of foods, high fat content, or even a different composition of fats (this is about kosher pork).  All this is under the power of gene engineers, give only money and time.

5. Before being released to the market, each GMO passes about 9,000 samples.  All this does not last a couple of days, but 10-15 years.  At that time, no one controls how much granny fertilizer streams from a nearby market to increase its yield.

Arguments against GMOs:

1. There is a temptation and the ability to repeatedly exceed the dose of pesticides, if the grown plant is resistant to it.  Of course, economically it is inexpedient, but the possibility is - because the plant will not die.

2. When technology becomes cheaper, the production is negligent (all of a sudden, the Chinese will take care of it), it is quite possible to get a product with proteins that cause allergies or other undesirable effects.

3. Giant companies are indeed the cause of crowding out other producers and the extinction of farms.  By maximizing profits, Monsanto, the leader of GM crop production, forces farmers to enter into contracts on the basis of annual seed purchases, without explaining that gene modifications are not a panacea for droughts or fires.  Under the purchase of such seeds usually give loans that the impoverished farmers can not pay.

4. There is, albeit a very small, chance that someone will be allergic to a GM product with a butterfly's genome - specifically to this butterfly's gene.  Although it is still on the verge of science fiction, we know that this edge is always approaching.

5. And what if the wave theory of the infection of genes and the verbal construction of DNA is true?

Finally, I want to tell you that the point here is not even whether GMOs are dangerous or, on the contrary, useful.  And the fact that everyone has the right to choose.  He has the right to know what he eats and how he feeds his children.  We have the right to make a choice consciously.  And we were deprived of this for the sake of someone's super-profits.

Pecherskaya Sasha.

dashvolckДата: Воскресенье, 21.04.2019, 12:00 | Сообщение # 3
Рядовой
Genetically modified food. Pro and con Genetically modified food. Pro and conNowadays a problem of genetically modified food is widespread all over the world. People worry about their health and the health of descendants, because GM is considered to be very harmful. Along with disadvantages there are advantages, too.On the one hand, genetically modified food can help humanity to survive .Scientists predict population of our planet to reach 11 billion people and to feed everyone will be critical problem number 1. Firstly, all of sorts of GM plants are stable against illnesses and mean weather. Secondly, they ripenfast and keep longer than usual plants. It can be quite first-rate, because basically soils aren`t so good and the climate is unpredictable. For instance, thus a large number of people who live in Africa will be able to feed their children.On the other hand, GM food can destroy all of our population. To begin with, genetically modified food brings about allergic illnesses. A lot of people have already had the disturbed metabolism. Moreover, more than half of the people suppose GM food is very harmful and nasty. Because of these many of them are suffering from adiposity. They eat only GM food, as their stomach is used to eat it.In conclusion, I believe GM food will save the situation of great famine, since our population is mushrooming.I find it necessary to add that you can find genetically modified food in our usual food, because even in our region of vast farmlands we lack organic food. Biryukova Dasha

slepovsergey94Дата: Понедельник, 22.04.2019, 12:11 | Сообщение # 4
Рядовой
GMOs are organisms with changed genetic makeup. They are widely discussed nowadays, as it is still unknown whether they are healthy or not. These organisms include various microorganisms, such as bacteria and yeast. They are the source of GM food. Genetically-modified organisms go through mutation of genes, their insertion or deletion. Humans have been practicing genetic modifications since they first domesticated animals and plants. In the 20th century genetic engineering has reached its peak, thanks to modern technology. Today, GMOs are used in medicine, research, pharmaceutical sphere, agriculture. Speaking of genetically-modified food, people show different opinions. Some say they should be banned as they are unhealthy, others state that they are safe for human consumption. Supporters of genetic engineering are convinced that GMO have the same breeding, but is much faster to derive. Besides, it promises to cure some inherited diseases. However, critics are against GMO, as its effect hasn’t been studied long enough. Some studies have shown that GM food is bad for human liver and kidney, because of antibiotics and hormones, which are given to cows and chickens. Moreover, genetic engineering might use allergens in food, which can result into allergic reactions in people. Another argument against GMO is the desire of large corporations to make money. They don’t care about human health, they just work on making modified fruit and vegetables to look better, which doesn’t add to its taste or freshness. Thus, the problem of GMO still remains unsolved and controversial
Slepova Olga

Сообщение отредактировал slepovsergey94 - Понедельник, 22.04.2019, 12:14

lpolunadezhdinaДата: Понедельник, 22.04.2019, 12:56 | Сообщение # 5
Рядовой
I believe that GM foods are not dangerous. On the contrary, GMO products are advanced products of our food. Plant cultures are more resistant to bad weather conditions and the genes from GM crops can travel long distances and create superseeds. They are bigger and more tasty. GMO products can produce much more products in the same areas, i.e. preserve forests, natural steppes and fields, wild animals. And they allow you to feed more people, which is especially important in view of the ever-increasing human population on Earth. If we eat GM foods our genes will not change. This is the worst thing you can imagine and fortunately is not true. GM harm is not yet proven by scientistd.I really have never met scientifically confirmed information about the dangers of genetically modified plants to human health, only slogans and colorful marketing statements. One gets the feeling that all this is a tool to fight for markets and customers. I think GM may also become useful in healthcare in the future.
Полунадеждина Лера

polinaviktoryaДата: Понедельник, 22.04.2019, 13:10 | Сообщение # 6
Рядовой
If GM is used to improve growth, then that is good. If they do not affect the taste of vegetables and fruits. And do not affect the person. If GM is used for raising animals. I think it spoils meat and is bad for animals and for humans. If we eat this meat we harm ourselves. There is nothing wrong with GM

Добавлено (26.04.2019, 17:07)
---------------------------------------------
GMOs are organisms with changed genetic makeup. These organisms include various microorganisms, such as bacteria and yeast. They are the source of GM food. Genetically-modified organisms go through mutation of genes, their insertion or deletion.Today, GMOs are used in medicine, research, pharmaceutical sphere, agriculture. Speaking of genetically-modified food, people show different opinions. Some say they should be banned as they are unhealthy, others state that they are safe for human consumption. Supporters of genetic engineering are convinced that GMO have the same breeding, but is much faster to derive. Besides, it promises to cure some inherited diseases. However, critics are against GMO, as its effect hasn’t been studied long enough. Some studies have shown that GM food is bad for human liver and kidney, because of antibiotics and hormones, which are given to cows and chickens. Moreover, genetic engineering might use allergens in food, which can result into allergic reactions in people. Another argument against GMO is the desire of large corporations to make money. They don’t care about human health, they just work on making modified fruit and vegetables to look better, which doesn’t add to its taste or freshness.
Thus, the problem of GMO still remains unsolved and controversial.
But I think that everything can be useful for a person if it is properly used.

sofzotova2018Дата: Вторник, 30.04.2019, 08:24 | Сообщение # 7
Рядовой
In my opinion, GM crops can be viewed from different perspectives. On the one hand, this project is a step into the future, on the other hand, it is dangerous and does not correspond to its original purpose. We all know about the benefits of GM crops, for example, thanks to this innovation, a huge proportion of the crop is able to withstand bad weather and insect killers. These new technologies are already afraid of the most dangerous diseases for humans, it will save many lives in the future. But do not forget that originally GM crops were created to make it cheaper to get a larger crop and thus solve the problem of hunger throughout the world. Of course, science cannot be blamed for the fact that enterprising businessmen used this technology to earn more money and as a result, starving people did not receive food. But what if with other ideas about the application of GM will be the same? What if people decide to destroy hereditary diseases in the human genome, but go too far? People will be able to create the people they need as robots, I get creepy at the thought. Thus, I am not against GM crops, but I treat them with caution.

gwen17carrotДата: Вторник, 21.05.2019, 00:53 | Сообщение # 8
Рядовой
I’m for GMfood. It has a lot of advantages. It makes evolution faster, because GM is a new technology. It may be useful in healthcare in the future. Also this can save a lot of plants and trees, so our environment will stay pretty clear. There are many vitamins in GM food, that’s why it’s healthy.
But, of course, such food has its own disadvantages. It requires  a lot of materials, researches. Also it’s notwell-known that GM food is 100% healthy. It may contain dangerous bacteria etc.
So, in my opinion, GM food is a greatinvention. But it still needs a lot of researches to make people sure that GM food is safe. We have to be careful about food that we eat.

(P.Antonova)

Сообщение отредактировал gwen17carrot - Вторник, 21.05.2019, 00:53

Форум » Общение » Are you for or against GM food? (11V) » GM Food. What is your attitude?
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск: