[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 3
  • »
Форум » Общение » Are you for or against GM food? » GM Food. What is your attitude?
GM Food. What is your attitude?
RadiantДата: Вторник, 15.03.2016, 00:32 | Сообщение # 1
Рядовой
Статус: Offline
Give your arguments for and against genetically modified food.

You can add your answers till the 20th of March!!! DEADLINE - 20.03.2016 23:59

ivanova_elizaveta_7Дата: Вторник, 15.03.2016, 16:01 | Сообщение # 2
Рядовой
Some people say GM food should be banned as it is unhealthy. Others say that it is safe for eating. A lot of people do not worry about the negative influence of GM food on their health. Some studies have demonstrated that GM food is bad for human liver and kidney. Many producers don’t care about human health, they just make fruit and vegetables look better. On the one hand the main argument in favor of GM foods is their high productivity. No matter how many of them we plant, we have a high crop. On the other hand, some scientists think, that such products can change our DNA. I think that GMfood is very dangerous not only for humans but also for animals and plants. Today GM foods are used in medicineand agriculture. But the problem of GM foods still remains unsolved.

Сообщение отредактировал ivanova_elizaveta_7 - Вторник, 15.03.2016, 16:02

ArtyomДата: Среда, 16.03.2016, 19:24 | Сообщение # 3
Рядовой
Today people can find different kinds of genetically modified food in large supermarkets and even small shops. The question is: “will it bring use or harm?”
To my mind, the majority of people are against GM food. I partially agree with them. In many cases GM food is created to help its producers to earn money. That’s why it is made of chip components and we can’t be sure in its quality. By the way, the process of genetic modification isn’t explained to us. This fact does not allow people to trust the producers. But I have not studied this question too deep so my opinion is quite subjective.
We have listened to the programme where one more interesting opinion was discussed. The man said that GM food is safe for eating, can be easily made to taste better and even can help to avoid painful treatment. But it is nonsense, because viruses are able to mutate and it’s impossible to create an ideal treatment. This statement does not contain any proofs so we can call it simple advertisement.
Unfortunately, the truth can’t be found right now. We can only guess.

Сообщение отредактировал Artyom - Среда, 16.03.2016, 19:26

alinaromanova201Дата: Среда, 16.03.2016, 21:51 | Сообщение # 4
Рядовой
GM is picking up a gene and transporting it into a different organism.They are widely discussed nowadays, as it is still unknown whether they are healthy
or not. Speaking of genetically modified food, people have different opinions.Some people say that genetically modified (GM) food is dangerous totheir health. Others believe that it is harmless and has a number of
advantages. In the area of medicine, GM-food can help to avoid painful
Treatment. Besides, it promises to cure some inherited diseases.However, critics are against GM food, as its effect has not been studiedlong enough. Some studies have showed that GM food is bad for humans, because
of antibiotics and hormones. Another argument against GM food is the desire of
large corporations to make more money. They do not care about human health,
they just work on making modified fruit and vegetables look better, which does
not add to their taste or freshness.As for me, I try not to buy GM food, as there is no scientificconclusion so far to prove its safety for humans. We do not know what
unforeseen consequences there might be. I prefer not to risk my health because
scientists are not sure if GM food is harmless or not.Thus, the problem of GM food remains unsolved and controversial.
(Romanova Alina)

a_v_lepekhovДата: Среда, 16.03.2016, 22:16 | Сообщение # 5
Рядовой
Scientists say that GM food is our future. GM plants are tasty and grow faster. But safety and benefit, I do not believe. GM organisms get genes and adding others is not always correct. This is no ordinary selection. This is a difficult science, and its people become "rabbits". 

I'm likely to eat vegetables grown in your garden. I am confident in their quality. They grow properly. I'm used to natural food. This may not always delicious and beautiful. It is safe, and that's good. 

GM food is not a solution to the problems and their cause. I really do not like GM foods, and I advise you to abandon it.

Дрип-дроп-драпиДата: Пятница, 18.03.2016, 12:13 | Сообщение # 6
Рядовой
Genetically modified food.

People nowadays are getting more concerned about food they eat. They understand that food influences the way they look and feel. A lot of people say that GM food is not safe. Firstly, scientists are not sure if GM food is useful or not. They do not know what unforeseen consequences may follow im the future. Secondly, GM food is not so tasty as natural food. Thirdly, it is prohibited in many countries.
      Yet, not all people share this point of view. They do not believe in the negative influence of GM products of their health. They claim that a great number of people eat such food and do not feel bad effects. Moreover, GM food has advantages in terms of price. 
      I do not agree with this point of view. I think that possible side effects concrected with the use of GM products should be studied better. So I try not to buy GM food. In conclusion I would like to say that it's up to youto decide wheather to buy GM food or not. You should only remember about is unclear consequences on people's health.

(SIDOROV VLADOS)

DinozavrikДата: Пятница, 18.03.2016, 18:51 | Сообщение # 7
Рядовой
The problem of GM food is widespread nowadays. But this theme is very disputable and doubtful. There are a lot of different opinions concerning it. Some people say that genetically modified food is dangerous for our life and health. Others believe that it is absolutely harmless and has many advantages. Firstly, to answer the question of our essay, we should give a brief definition of GM food. Genetically modified foods or GM foods are foods produced from organisms that have had changes introduced into their DNA using the methods of genetic engineering. So, genetically modified crops have been developed by changing the plant’s genetic structure in order to help the plants resist against different diseases or produce larger crops. On the one hand, it is very convenient for producers, besides it can help us to avoid hunger. But on the other hand, the effect of GM food hasn`t been studied well enough. As for me, I prefer not to risk my health because scientists are not sure if GM food is absolutely harmless or not. I try not to buy GM food and always read the composition of products. Finally, I want to say, that producers of this food must mark their products if they contain GM ingredients. Thus, the problem of GMO still remains unsolved and controversial.

tna0398Дата: Пятница, 18.03.2016, 21:51 | Сообщение # 8
Рядовой
GM is picking up a gene and transporting it into a different organism. So a genetically modified organism is the organism that has undergone changes in gene structure. GM products have several advantages. They are more resistant to pests, their yields are higher, they are cold-resistant. The price of such
products is reduced. But we have to use expensive chemicals and pesticides, which improve the quality of products. GM food is used in medicine, andin the fight against pollution.However,there is a risk of possible allergic reactions to the products that previously did not cause allergy. GM products can provoke cancer, reduce immunity, cause metabolic disorders. Our natural microflora cannot recycle products, unusual to the ecosystem in which we exist.GM products are beneficial to those who make money on their sale. A food with modified DNA does not have any obvious benefit to human.The problem of GM is one of the main problems nowadays and we have to think about solution right now. Yes, there are some advantages of GM usage, but everything will be wonderful only for a short time. In the future we will probably have big problems. Genetically modified organisms have great potential,but at the same time, they are questionable due to the lack of complete information of the impact of GM on the human body.

^^Дата: Пятница, 18.03.2016, 23:42 | Сообщение # 9
Рядовой
Some people think that GM food is future food.They don't know everything about GM.
GM food perhaps help to avoid painful treatment.It can help cure a disease.
GM food can be easily improved.GM products can be made to tast better.
But GM food is expensive.In addition,GM are not naturally produced. 
In my opinion, GM food is not safe.I prefer not to risk my health.I would't like to eat GM food.

gagikusoyanДата: Суббота, 19.03.2016, 19:14 | Сообщение # 10
Рядовой
GM is picking up a gene and transporting it into a different organism. GM food are used in medicine research, pharmaceutical sphere, agriculture. The problem of GM food still remains unsolved and controversial. Speaking of GM food people show different opinions. Arguments for GM: GM food can be easily made to taste better. GM can be changed in many ways to help science and medicine. It promises to cure some inherited diseases. Arguments against GM: some studies have shown that GM food is bad for human liver and kidney, because of antibiotics and hormones, which are given to cows and chickens. GM food are not naturally produced. For some people GM food is just a fuel for energy. However, doctors all over the world find GM food rather unhealthy. They say that GM food contains a few vitamins. People today are more health-conscious than before and they realize that eating lots of GM food can be dangerous. In conclusion I would like to say that everyone has a choise. I choose fresh fruit and vegetables because health foods is an essential part of our life.

klass11-67Дата: Воскресенье, 20.03.2016, 10:37 | Сообщение # 11
Рядовой
Are you for oragainst GM food?
Blue Fruit is a genetically modified fruit which tastes like  orange, mango and lime.GM is picking up a gene and transporting it into a  different organism.
I wouldn’t like to eat it, because I am convinced that genetically  modified products are bad for our health.They are not naturally products.GM  food is not safe for eating.GM food should not be eating.
But in the area of  medicine GM food can help to avoid painful treatment.GM food can be easily  made to taste better.They can be changed in many ways to help science and  medicine.So the  problem of GM foods still remains unsolved.
Soldatova Sonya

unadyushkaДата: Воскресенье, 20.03.2016, 12:36 | Сообщение # 12
Рядовой
All of us know about such a new kind of food like genetically modified and it is really widespread now. But not all of us realize whether this food is healthy or harmful to our organism. Nowadays a problem of genetically modified food is widespread all over the world. GM foods are genetically modified using biotechnology. GM foods are designed for greater resistance to viruses and pests, higher nutritional value and longer shelf life. Different scientists have investigated the issue of GM foods for many years but we still do not have a clear answer about the influences of such food on our health. First argument for banning GM foods is that it badly affects our health and well-being. Moreover, genetic engineering could introduce allergens into foods, causing allergic reactions in people who eat the foods. On the other hand, GM products along with disadvantages have their benefits too. GM may not be natural, but not everything natural is good for us, and not everything unnatural is bad for us. Poisonous mushrooms are natural, but we should not eat them. Washing our food before eating it is not natural, but is healthier for us. Personally, I am sure that there can be nothing better and healthier than organic food and I totally disapprove any form of genetic engineering. Of course, this is a huge industry nowadays that obviously can’t be stopped, but I believe that there are other ways to save people from hunger.
biggrin cool biggrin

gazaryanzinaidaДата: Воскресенье, 20.03.2016, 12:53 | Сообщение # 13
Рядовой
Genetically modified foods are foods produced from organisms that have been changed by introducing into their DNA using the methods of genetic engineering. Some people say that GM food is dangerous for their health, other believe that it's harmless and has a number of advantages For example, these products can contain nutrients and be more helpful. GM food can increase products resistance to the climatic conditions. Besides, it promises to cure some inherited diseases. But there is no scientific conclusion so far to prove GM products safety for human consumption. Some studies have shown that GM food is bad for human liver and kidney, because of antibiotics and hormones, which are given to cows and chickens. Moreover, genetic engineering can use allergens in food, which may cause result in allergic reactions. There is no doubt that there might be unforeseen consequences. I prefer not to risk my health because scientific are not sure of GM food. Thus, the problem of GM food remains debatable and unsolved.

verok2597Дата: Воскресенье, 20.03.2016, 14:02 | Сообщение # 14
Рядовой
For oragainst GM products?To answerthis controversial question we need to ponder the definition of GMOs.
As typically,GMOs are organisms whose genetic makeup has been altered without the addition of genetic material from an unrelated organism.Using genetic modification, scientists are able to produce new varieties of plants with certain qualities, such as being more resistant to viruses or pesticides.There is concern that placing foreign genes in food plants may have unexpected and negative impact on human health.Genetically modified foods can potentially solve many hunger and malnutrition problems in the world, as well as help protect and preserve the environment by increasing yields and reducing reliance upon chemical pesticides and herbicides.However, it is important to proceed with caution to avoid unfavorable consequences for the surroundings and our health, considering that genetic engineering technology is very powerful.
In myopinion, genetic engineering should be banned because young generation will have different diseases because of eating unhealthful food.Of course,this is a huge industry nowadays that obviously can’t be stopped, but I believe that there are other ways to save people from hunger.Even if GMOs are the pros, I am strongly against the production of even more eating them but why dislike I don't know.
Уразовой Веры sad

Сообщение отредактировал verok2597 - Воскресенье, 20.03.2016, 14:07

kudryashova_nastyaДата: Воскресенье, 20.03.2016, 15:02 | Сообщение # 15
Рядовой
Nowadays a lot of food is genetically modified (GM). Some people aresure that such food is dangerous for their health. However, others think that
it is harmless and has a number of advantages.   Although exist differentopinions on this question, my opinion is GM food has a bad influence on human
organisms. Firstly, there are no any evidences that the next generation will
not face negative consequences. We should think that our children can suffer
because of our carelessness. Secondly, some number of GM food can cause
allergies. Unfortunately, such food is not studied well so it is difficult to
prescribe a treatment. Thirdly, if GM fruits and vegetables become a part of
wild nature it will lead to spoil of ecosystems.   Yet not all people share thispoint of view. They consider that GM food has nicer appearance and taste.
Besides, such fruits and vegetables are more resistant to frost and drought. I
disagree with this point of view because I believe that GM food has much more
disadvantages than benefit.  To sum up, I would like to saythat it will be possible to eat GM food in the future, but now we should be
careful.

Форум » Общение » Are you for or against GM food? » GM Food. What is your attitude?
  • Страница 1 из 3
  • »
Поиск: